st: AW: Reshaping question

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Reshaping question
Date   Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:05:48 +0100

If the id has one or more antibio==1, then the maximum of antibio must be 1:

set obs 5
set seed 1001

gen byte id=_n
expand 4
gen byte antibio=runiform()<.1
sort id
list, noo sepby(id)

collapse (max) antibio, by(id)

list, noo

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Anders Gaarsdal
Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Februar 2010 16:02
Betreff: st: Reshaping question

Dear Statalist,

I have a multiple observations per (person) id dataset and a boolean
variable of interest "antibio". I would like to reshape this into a a
single observation per id dataset with a boolean variable indicating
whether the id has one or more observation with antiobio==1.

This is probably an easy task, but I cannot seem to find the right command.

Sincere regards,
Anders Gaarsdal Holst
MD, Research Fellow
Department of Cardiology, B2142