Re: st: aic bic adjusted R-squared with svy command

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: aic bic adjusted R-squared with svy command
Date   Thu, 18 Feb 2010 00:12:20 -0800 (PST)

--- On Thu, 18/2/10, Björn Bünger wrote:
> For each estimation type I want to conduct a (manual)
> stepwise regression and examine AIC / BIC or adjusted
> R-squared on each step.

For reasons why you shouldn't do stepwise see:
> Stata does not accept neither "estat" alone nor "estat ic"
> after svy and I could not find an "estat (svy)" command
> which would produce any of these statistics (respectively
> AIC/BIC for the ordered logit; AIC/BIC/adj. R-squared for
> the linear regression)

The likelihood isn't defined with -svy-, so that rules out
the AIC and BIC.

I am guessing something similar is going on with the
adj. R-squared.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie