st: aic bic adjusted R-squared with svy command

From   Björn Bünger <13bjbu@wiwi.uni-muenster.de>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: aic bic adjusted R-squared with svy command
Date   Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:22:40 +0100

Dear statalisters,

I'm working with Stata 11.

I have trouble determining  the "parsimony-goodness of fit" trade-off after running two estimations on my sample

svy: regress

and

svy: ologit

For each estimation type I want to conduct a (manual) stepwise regression and examine AIC / BIC or adjusted R-squared on each step.

Stata does not accept neither "estat" alone nor "estat ic" after svy and I could not find an "estat (svy)" command which would produce any of these statistics (respectively AIC/BIC for the ordered logit; AIC/BIC/adj. R-squared for the linear regression)

I'm grateful for your hints how to extract these criteria.

Björn Bünger

Institute of Public Economics
University of Münster
Germany