st: xtmelogit - a very strange treatment of different levels

From   Dimitrije Tišma <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: xtmelogit - a very strange treatment of different levels
Date   Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:35:39 +0100

Dear all,

I am working with some household panel dataset and in order to check
for random effects I did both gllamm and xtmelogit regression. While
in gllamm everything worked fine, xtmelogit did not deal with the two
levels (individuals and households) the way I expected. Namely, it
reports the same number of units on both levels (!) and practically no
random effects either level. Also, the results are practically
identical to the results when "normal" logit regression is used. Does
anyone know what this could be about? Thanks a lot.

Dimitrije