RE: st: RE: ivreg versus xtivreg

Subject   RE: st: RE: ivreg versus xtivreg
Date   Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:50:07 -0000

John,

Do you mean you're using the new 2-way cluster option?

> (and put all my
> fixed-effects in the partial option).  Thus, I am correct in
> saying that
> the z test for a particular coefficient estimate is still
> interpretable.

Probably.  I can think of some special cases where things can go wrong (these are what motivated the writing of the warning message).  You might have a small number of clusters (so the asymptotics are dodgy) or a singleton dummy which would mean you couldn't do a test on the significance of the coefficient (of course, you couldn't do that anyway).  But most likely the SEs are OK.

--Mark