RE: st: AW: axis title options

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: AW: axis title options
Date   Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:36:32 -0000

I see your problem.

twoway scatter weight price, by(foreign) ymla(3500 "hello", labsize(*2)
ang(h)) ytitle("")

is one kludge.

Miranda Kim

Thank you Martin and Nick for your responses,

I tried using the orientation sub-option but when producing graphs with
a by- option it didn't seem to register and kept it the default
For example:
twoway (scatter weight price), by(foreign) ytitle("hello",
I am unsure where to put the text or subtitle option so it doesn't put
it in both graphs, as for example:
twoway (scatter weight price), by(foreign) text(5050 5050 "hello")

Martin Weiss wrote:

> I would do the horizontal thing in the code
> sysuse auto, clear
> twoway (scatter weight price), ytitle(, orientation(horizontal))
> and then go into the Graph Editor and change the "Textbox properties"
> the y-title, Advanced Tab, Change the x-offset to 30 ( in this
> case). You could record the action and -replay()- it later.

Miranda Kim