st: AW: axis title options

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: axis title options
Date   Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:07:01 +0100

I would do the horizontal thing in the code

sysuse auto, clear
twoway (scatter weight price), ytitle(, orientation(horizontal))

and then go into the Graph Editor and change the "Textbox properties" for
the y-title, Advanced Tab, Change the x-offset to 30 ( in this particular
case). You could record the action and -replay()- it later.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Miranda Kim
Gesendet: Dienstag, 2. Februar 2010 12:15
Betreff: st: axis title options

I am looking for what option to use in a twoway scatterplot (by sex) I
have produced where I would like the y-axis title to be horizontal and
placed on the right hand side of the axis in the plot region just above
my scatter points. I have tried angle and ring in the ytitle option but
haven't managed to obtain what I want.
Many thanks,
PS: I am using Stata 11