st: Estimation Technique for Cross Sectional Models

From   "M. Rodwan Abouharb" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Estimation Technique for Cross Sectional Models
Date   Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:10:56 -0000

Dear All,

I have a cross-sectional time series data set of all countries on an annual
basis since 1981. I would like to run some cross-sectional analyses as a
test of robustness. The cross section would be all countries in a given
year. We had been using xtgls for the cross-sectional time-series models,
but were unsure if we could use this method for just cross-sections too.

Does anyone have a preferred method of estimating these cross-sections? Does
it make sense to try and control for heteroskedasticity in the
cross-sectional models?

Best wishes,

Dr. M. Rodwan Abouharb
Director MSc Global Governance and Ethics
Lecturer International Relations
Department of Political Science, School of Public Policy
University College London
29/30 Tavistock Square
London WC1H 9QU
Tel: +44 (0)207 7679 4922