RE: st: Check whether ado file is installed

From   Richard Williams <>
To   "" <>, "" <>
Subject   RE: st: Check whether ado file is installed
Date   Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:26:50 -0500

At 09:15 AM 12/14/2009, Sven-Oliver Spieà wrote:
Hi all,

True. This approach depends on the assumption that every package
includes a command with the same name. This should be the case for many
but not necessarily all packages. In my case it works just fine, but it
might not for everyone.
I didn't know about Ben Jann and Stefan Wehrli's -adolist- so maybe
that's the more convenient and fail-safe alternative anyway.

Personally, I just copy c:\ado from one machine onto another. If you have a, you have to be careful that it works equally well on both machines. Whether that will meet the current user's needs, I don't know.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu