st: Check whether ado file is installed

From   Jan Sauermann <>
Subject   st: Check whether ado file is installed
Date   Mon, 14 Dec 2009 02:05:28 +0100

Dear Stata list,

I work on different computers and would Stata to automatically check
whether a number of ado-files is installed on a local machine. My idea
was to write something like

[a command which checks whether one ado-file is installed / or not]
if package!=installed {
    ssc install package

My problem is basically to find a command which (1) checks whether an
ado file is installed and (2)  gives me a local as return.

Best regards,