Re: st: Help with ologit

From   Richard Williams <>
To   "" <>, Stata <>
Subject   Re: st: Help with ologit
Date   Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:18:46 -0500

At 08:12 PM 12/13/2009, Daniel J. Quinones wrote:
I am running an ordinal logit model (a 3-value ordinal dependent variable)
and am having difficulty with post-estimation techniques.  Upon trying to
run lrtest, I receive error r198,
stating: "in the old syntax, the unrestricted model defaulted to a model
saved under the name 0.  This model was not found."
And after trying mfx compute: "too few variables specified; (variable) has 3
outcomes and so you must specify 3 new variables, or you can use the
outcome() option and specify variables one at a time."
Can somebody enlighten me of my mistakes?  Thank you.

It would help to see the actual code -- you may just have syntax errors. For marginal effects with ologit, consider using -margeff- or -mfx2- -- either will save you some time typing multiple commands.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu