st: AW: Help with ologit

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Help with ologit
Date   Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:28:20 +0100

Even given that you use Stata 10, you can still get your answers:

vers 10.1
webuse fullauto, clear
ologit rep77 foreign length mpg
qui levelsof rep77

foreach lev in `r(levels)'{
di _n(2) in r "Now at level `lev' of rep77"
mfx compute, predict(outcome(`lev'))

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Daniel J.
Gesendet: Montag, 14. Dezember 2009 02:12
An: Stata
Betreff: st: Help with ologit

I am running an ordinal logit model (a 3-value ordinal dependent variable)
and am having difficulty with post-estimation techniques.  Upon trying to
run lrtest, I receive error r198,
stating: "in the old syntax, the unrestricted model defaulted to a model
saved under the name 0.  This model was not found."
And after trying mfx compute: "too few variables specified; (variable) has 3
outcomes and so you must specify 3 new variables, or you can use the
outcome() option and specify variables one at a time."
Can somebody enlighten me of my mistakes?  Thank you.