st: Help with ologit

From   "Daniel J. Quinones" <[email protected]>
To   Stata <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Help with ologit
Date   Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:12:08 -0800

I am running an ordinal logit model (a 3-value ordinal dependent variable)
and am having difficulty with post-estimation techniques.  Upon trying to
run lrtest, I receive error r198,
stating: "in the old syntax, the unrestricted model defaulted to a model
saved under the name 0.  This model was not found."
And after trying mfx compute: "too few variables specified; (variable) has 3
outcomes and so you must specify 3 new variables, or you can use the
outcome() option and specify variables one at a time."
Can somebody enlighten me of my mistakes?  Thank you.