RE: st: Check whether ado file is installed

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Check whether ado file is installed
Date   Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:40:57 -0000

-which- looks for commands rather than packages. On occasion that would fail whenever a package name does not correspond to a command name.

Sven-Oliver Spieß

I feel like the 'which' command could be your friend.

You could add something like this to your
	---Beginning example---
	foreach package in pkg1 pkg2 pkg3 {
		capture which `package'
		if _rc==111 ssc install `package'
	---End example---

See 'help which' and 'help profile' for more details.