Re: st: re: How can commands be suppressed in the results window

Subject   Re: st: re: How can commands be suppressed in the results window
Date   Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:54:24 -0500

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]> wrote:
> Another option would be to write the output to a log file and to
> remove all Stata commands with -filefilter-.

Dear Friedrich,
this requires specifying exactly what is to be removed. Is there any
way to tell filefilter:
"remove all lines if they contain any of the following items. A, B, C."? or the
reverse: "keep only lines that mention A, B, or C"? It is easy to
write a custom code
for that (and perhaps there is one written already), but I was
wondering if it is possible
to do it using the standard command. (from the description of
-filefilter- it is a
byte-oriented, not line-oriented command).

Second is a wish for filefilter: I want to replace A to B allowing for
C to be anywhere in A.

Consider the following:
*****************************
This is my output file
*****************************
This is a very long line holding the output
file
*****************************

Suppose I want to replace "output file" with the actual file name, but
because the line
became broken in the file being processed - there is a couple of CR+LF
bytes in the
middle. (where the line is broken may be out of my control).

Again, this is more or less solvable using a custom procedure, but
would be nice to
have a text-oriented line-aware version of filefilter (and the name
for it should be:
textfilter :)

Thank you, Sergiy Radyakin