Statalist

Re: st: C-statistic with -gologit2-

From   Richard Williams <Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.edu>
To   "statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>, "statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: C-statistic with -gologit2-
Date   Wed, 07 Oct 2009 13:55:39 -0500

At 07:18 AM 10/7/2009, Jeph Herrin wrote:
I posted some code for getting the C-stat a few days ago

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-10/msg00267.html

I'm not familiar with -gologit-, but as long as you can produce
a predicted probability, the method should apply.

hth,
Jeph

How about when there are multiple outcomes and hence multiple predicted probabilities? e.g. with gologit2, ologit, oprobit, mlogit, and others, you get predicted probabilities for outcome 1, outcome 2, outcome 3, etc. Does the C-stat even apply in such cases? (I'm glad the original question was sent to the list rather than to me as the author of gologit2, because I have no idea what the answer is!)

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam