RE: st: Sample selection and endogeneity (or, combining heckman and ivreg)

From   kokootchke <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Sample selection and endogeneity (or, combining heckman and ivreg)
Date   Thu, 6 Aug 2009 14:36:06 -0400

Dear Austin,

Thanks A LOT for your comprehensive response. I've read it once and I'll probably need to read it multiple times to understand it better, but it all makes sense. Yeah, I thought that for the simulations I would have to make distributional assumptions on my dependent variable, which may be a strong assumption... and I also agree that it definitely doesn't look normal... it's rather skewed to the left, precisely because of the selection issue, I presume...

Thank you very much... let me look into this.

http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/LearnMore/personalize.aspx?ocid=PID23391::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HYGN_express:082009