st: memory problem

From   Rudy Fichtenbaum <>
Subject   st: memory problem
Date   Thu, 05 Mar 2009 09:19:55 -0500

I am trying to load a single year of the General Social Survey but I don't seem to have enough memory. I have 2g and Stata 10/SE but Stata will only let me assign 1g and that doesn't seem to be enough. Stata suggests dropping variables but since I can't load the dataset I don't know how I could drop variables. Any suggestions?