st: Nº of Observations in Probit regressions

From   SMAC <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Nº of Observations in Probit regressions
Date   Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:51:06 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

I have a little doubt about the probit's output "Nº Obs." what does it means exactly? I have an unbalanced panel with 5120 obs. (8 years x 640 firms in average), but when I run a probit regression (with probit command, not xtprobit) the Nº obs specified in the output is 2225. What happens with the rest of observations? are they dropped due to missing values in independent variables? Dependent Variable has not missing values, but among independents variables, there is several variables with missing data.
I would really appreciate your help,

Sergio