Re: st: Jackknifing on Stata

From   Richard Goldstein <>
Subject   Re: st: Jackknifing on Stata
Date   Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:23:08 -0500

true, but that is rather different from randomly selecting a group of observations to be deleted

Steven Samuels wrote:

Jay pointed out earlier in the thread that -jackknife- has a cluster delete option.

On Feb 20, 2009, at 8:56 AM, Richard Goldstein wrote:

correct -- to the best of my knowledge, Stata only supports delete-1 jackknife

Nick Cox wrote:
OK. I'm thinking back to the original senses. I don't think that Stata
supports that kind of thing directly. Correct? Nick -----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Richard
Sent: 20 February 2009 13:43
Subject: Re: st: Jackknifing on Stata
nope -- there is actually lots of literature on using grouped, or delete
"d" jackknife
e.g., see, Efron, B. (1982), _The Jackknife, the Bootstrap and other resampling plans_, Philadelphia: SIAM (e.g., p. 7) Efron, B and Tibshirani, R (1993), _An Introduction to the Bootstrap_, NY: Chapman and Hall (e.g., p149)