Re: st: Video from multiple graph exports

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Video from multiple graph exports
Date   Wed, 3 Dec 2008 19:05:49 -0500

Hi!

I've done videos like that. Once you have all your frames in .png
files, select all of them, drag and drop to the Windows MovieMaker,
there check that they are in the proper sequence, and place them into
the timeline. You can adjust the delay interval individually for each
file or for the whole sequence. You can add a soundtrack right away.
Then save as a video file (wmv).
Example available.

Alternatively, many viewers support command line activated slide show
mode, for Windows platform, check free IrfanView, which is an
excellent Viewer/Converter. I don't think you will have a lot of
control though, e.g. setting individual delays for each file.
http://www.irfanview.com/
http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/graphics/irfantut/commopti.html

As for Q2, Stata does not support JPG files for any purpose and you
should not either. JPG is a format for digital photography, for
noise-rich analog-to-digital conversion (via scanner of digital
camera) from the real world to the world of computers. For images
generated inside your computer, use one of the lossless formats, like
png. Why don't you export your data to shp format from Stata and plot
in a GIS package?

Best regards, Sergiy Radyakin