st: Re: RE: SBIR grants at Stata?

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: RE: SBIR grants at Stata?
Date   Thu, 4 Dec 2008 00:37:29 +0100

Sorry for being negative about this thread, but if there is one issue that I could not care less about, it is the number of grants to StataCorp. David did not specify what it is that stirs his interest there, but maybe he will elaborate...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Cox" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 8:44 PM
Subject: st: RE: SBIR grants at Stata?

This is for StataCorp to answer. (Not "Stata Corp".)

But many readers, especially those outside the United States, will want
an explanation -- Small Business Innovation Research -- and a URL

And perhaps another explanation: NIH = (U.S.) National Institutes of
Health and another URL

Please remember the list is global -- geographically and in terms of
members' interests.

David Airey

I noticed Yulia's work at Stata Corp was funded by NIH. How many SBIR
grants does Stata Corp have? Is this common at Stata. I thought it was
very interesting to say the least.