RE: st: Data Entry

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Data Entry
Date   Thu, 7 Aug 2008 16:46:38 +0100

Sorry, this isn't clear to me: Why is use of a Stata file by two people any more problematic than use of (say) an Access or Excel file?

Eduardo Palencia Herrejón

You are probably right, Nick, but when data must be introduced by a
couple of persons, as is the case, direct data entry into the same
Stata file becomes problematic. I think the best solution could be a
friendly form (Access? Epidata?), checking the data at its entry, and
saving it in a file to be imported to Stata using a do file.

The data I need to analize are quite simple: most of them are daily
counts of activity in an ICU.