Re: st: Matching in STATA

From   Henry <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Matching in STATA
Date   Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:06:58 +0100

Dear Listers,
Salah, I am using secondary data from a primary care database. This
contains  patient details -medical, therapy and demoraphic
information. In this case, i guess i will have to do some matching.
Not all patients in the database have the outcome of interest and thus
in order to use classical logistic regression models to evaluate risk
of outcome with exposure allowing for possible conounders , we need to
find controls as close to the cases as much as possible. Several
variables are possible confounders but we have chosen age(at time of
outcome) and sex in order to get controls that are as close to the
cases as possible. Primarily, at this stage i just wanted to drop some
of the control patients that have no matching cases-to have a
managable dataset. I will then try to implement the suggestions given
by listers at the analysis stage.
Hope this sheds more light
Henry