Statalist

Re: st: Decile regression using sqreg

Subject   Re: st: Decile regression using sqreg
Date   Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:29:33 +0100 (BST)

--- Leonor Saravia <lmisaravia@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to estimate a regression for each decil of income for a
> country, so, if Im understanding well, using "sqreg" its not the
> way to do it, isnt it? Because Im obteining 9 regression instead
> of 10, being 10 what I was expecting.

You should expect 9 regressions: you are modeling the first to the
ninth decile and never the zeroth or the tenth decile (being the
minimum and the maximum). This is implicit in the description of the
description of the -quantile()- option in the helpfile of -sqreg-:
"quantile(#) specifies the quantile to be estimated and should be a
number between 0 and 1, exclusive."

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis