st: dangerous preserve

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: dangerous preserve
Date   Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:26:46 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I was wondering if anyone apart from me has been bitten by -preserve-? I
recently preserved data, then dropped half my data to carry out some
calculations and later forgot the preserve-status and saved. Now call me
foolish, but in the heat of the action, it is easy to forget about the
status of your data, isn`t it?
So: is there a mechanism to alert me to this danger, and if not, should
there be one?

Martin Weiss

Diplom-Kaufmann Martin Weiss
Mohlstrasse 36