Re: st: vwls

From   Ali Khashan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: vwls
Date   Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:44:04 +0100

Thanks Nicola,
Yes Robust estimation is fine and it gave very similar results. However, I used
vwls because I knew where the problem of non-constant variance came from and
was able to estimate the standard deviation. I do not necessarily need a
reference specific to vwls but thought it is worth asking if there were any.

Many Thanks
Ali

Quoting [email protected]:

I have no statistical references, sorry, and I don't have access to Stata manuals. But if the problem is heteroskedasticity, can't you simple use option robust? Has your variance some clear trend (e.g. increasing with time)?
Can -wls0- from http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/ado/analysis help? It cites the Greene's manual "Econometric Analysis" fourth edition
Nicola