Re: st: Update recommendation after -update query-

From   Michael Hanson <>
Subject   Re: st: Update recommendation after -update query-
Date   Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:00:33 -0400

On Sep 26, 2007, at 4:23 AM, Sebastian F. Büchte wrote:

I now wonder why Stata recommends to "update all". Should not -update
ado- be enough to get my Stata up-to-date? Am I missing something
I have seen that regularly myself since installing version 10 of Stata. (Stata/SE for Mac OS X; never occurred with version 9 or earlier that I recall.) My experience is that typing -update all- only updates the ado files in such cases; Stata will inform you "executable already up to date"-- so you won't lose any time on a duplicate update, nor risk corrupting your executable. I suspect a flag within the -update- command is slightly askew, but it isn't -- in my experience -- harmful. Hope that helps.

-- Mike

* For searches and help try: