Re: st: keep

From   Erik Bihagen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: keep
Date   Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:22:13 +0200

Thanks, the first one looks like another nice solution to the problem!

/Erik

Sergiy Radyakin wrote:
Hi,
alternatively this is an option too:
**---------------------------------------------------------------------
local keeplist "v1 v2 v3"
quietly ds_util
local dsv `r(varlist)'
drop `:list dsv - keeplist'
**---------------------------------------------------------------------

or here is one more:
**---------------------------------------------------------------------
capture gen v1=.
capture gen v2=.
capture gen v3=.
keep v1 v2 v3
**---------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards,
Sergiy Radyakin

On 9/10/07, Erik Bihagen <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks Sebastian, it works!

Erik

Sebastian F. B�chte wrote:

Erik

in deed I guess you are right. So my suggestions would now involve a
little programming:

*----- example start
//local keeplist holds the list of variables which you would like to
keep if they
//exist in the dataset
local keeplist v1 v2 v3

local kl_modif