st: keep

From   Erik Bihagen <>
Subject   st: keep
Date   Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:09:28 +0200

Hi Statalisters,

Is there a way to let the keep command do the following?
I want to keep, let's say, three variables v1 v2 v3 before saving data, but all these three variables do not exist in all data sets for which I want to run the command (I want to do this with a loop using many data sets and I use global to define the variables).

I could drop variables instead using "capture drop v4" etc, but that would become a very long do file.

Erik Bihagen Swedish Institute for Social Research Stockholm University SE-106 91 Stockholm Phone: +46 8 16 26 51 Fax: +46 8 15 46 70

* For searches and help try: