Re: st: trouble aligning combined -hbar- charts

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: trouble aligning combined -hbar- charts
Date   Tue, 22 May 2007 22:23:00 +0100

I surmise that the main reason this has not been answered is
that people can't see any code on which to comment.

My main guess that the way forward is not to combine, but to
recast this as a single -graph hbar- problem using _another_
-over()- option.

Garrard, Wendy M.

I am trying to combine multiple horizontal bar charts in a single
1-column graphic.  All graphs have the same y axis scale (0, .25, .50.
.75).  I have tried adjusting many things (for example -ysize()- and a
number of options for margins and regions) with no success.

The problem seems related to the differing widths of the x axis labels
(e.g., the three category labels for one graph are "Ages 6-9"  "Ages
10-13"  "Ages 14-17", and the two category labels for another graph are
"Yes" "No".

A search of the StataList archives turned up many posts on this sort of
problem, but I did not find one that helped me understand how to fix my
own graphs.

Is there a way to make the plot areas of my -hbar- charts identical in
size?