Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: random subsample - sample weights

From   "Austin Nichols" <>
Subject   Re: st: random subsample - sample weights
Date   Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:33:59 -0500

Ellen and Stas--
The Fairlie decomposition alluded to is implemented without weights in
the SSC package -fairlie- (references are in the help file), and
depends not only the specifics of the match but on the order of
variables used to match!
Fairlie uses the delta method to approximate std errors, but it's not
clear that its use is justified in this case of one-to-one matching.

In any case, you may want to take Ben Jann's -fairlie- command as a
starting point, or you may prefer to investigate the alternative due
to Yun:
and many other related papers available via a web search.

On 2/15/07, Stas Kolenikov <> wrote:
There is a bunch of different implementations of probability
proportional to size (PPS) sampling floating around