Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: addplot & legsize features on tmap

From   Julie Susan Darnell <>
Subject   st: addplot & legsize features on tmap
Date   Thu, 8 Feb 2007 00:16:26 -0600 (CST)

I have successfully created a map using tmap 2.0 but I'm not
able to make use of a couple of options. Specifically, I
attempted to use addplot so that I can label state names and
legsize to increase the size of the legeng but I received
error messages that the option is not allowed. Can anyone see
the mistake I'm making? Thanks! Any suggestions are greatly

#delimit ;
tmap choropleth numbrclin if conterminous, id(id) map
palette(Reds) ocolor(white) osize(medium)
legbox legtitle("# of free clinics") legformat("%4.1f")

The syntax above works just fine but when I try to integrate
the following syntax, I get error messages:

addplot(label label if conterminous,
x(x_coord) y(y_coord) lc(gs14) ls(0.9))

Please note that my main file contains the following variables:
  id x_coord y_coord name label conterminous numbrclin

and my boundary file contains:  _ID _X _Y