Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: RE: JMP: Figure 7 In JMP(93)

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: JMP: Figure 7 In JMP(93)
Date   Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:42:37 +0100

Wrong call, and my mistake. Evidently, as Ben Jann spotted
quickly, this was a reference to the Stata program
-jmp- on SSC and to a paper by three authors
with the same initial letters -- and not to a program JMP
produced by another company.

That said, the ambiguity would not have arisen
given use of the -cmdname- convention and proper
referencing, as urged in the Statalist FAQ.

Nick Cox
> There is some confusion here. I don't think
> Statalist was set up to carry questions about other
> statistical software.
kaya tas