Statalist The Stata Listserver

RE: st: RE: JMP: Figure 7 In JMP(93)

From   "kaya tas" <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: JMP: Figure 7 In JMP(93)
Date   Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:32:00 +0000

I am new to the list. I will be more careful next time.

By the way, thanks for the prompt answer by Ben Jann. It improved my understanding of the whole thing considerably.

From: "Nick Cox" <>
To: <>
Subject: st: RE: JMP: Figure 7 In JMP(93)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:42:37 +0100

Wrong call, and my mistake. Evidently, as Ben Jann spotted
quickly, this was a reference to the Stata program
-jmp- on SSC and to a paper by three authors
with the same initial letters -- and not to a program JMP
produced by another company.

That said, the ambiguity would not have arisen
given use of the -cmdname- convention and proper
referencing, as urged in the Statalist FAQ.

Nick Cox

> There is some confusion here. I don't think
> Statalist was set up to carry questions about other
> statistical software.

kaya tas
> > Is there a way to get JMP to give me a decomposition of the
> > difference
> > between two quantiles of the wage distribution in a single
> year? I am
> > talking about Fig 7. in the JMP(93) paper. I know it can be
> > done if you have
> > 2 different distributions like male vs. female. In this one,
> > though, there
> > is only one distribution. Or am I missing something here?
> >
> > Great program, by the way.

*   For searches and help try:
Sadece sohbet ile yetinmeyin - eglneceye de doymak išin Messenger'i tercih edin!

* For searches and help try: