Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Setting memory

From   Ronnie Babigumira <>
Subject   st: Setting memory
Date   Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:36:07 +0200

Setting memory is something I have always done by try and error. However, recently more than 2 people have asked me if there is a smarter way of knowing roughly how much memory to set before trying to read in a dataset. Does anyone have any ideas (for example, would the size of the data or the number of variables be helpful)

* For searches and help try: