Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Setting memory

From   "jean ries" <>
Subject   Re: st: Setting memory
Date   Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:45:21 +0200

Have a look at this page:

On 10/24/06, Ronnie Babigumira <> wrote:
Setting memory is something I have always done by try and error. However, recently more than 2 people have asked me if
there is a smarter way of knowing roughly how much memory to set before trying to read in a dataset. Does anyone have
any ideas (for example, would the size of the data or the number of variables be helpful)