Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: the meaning of 'foo'

From   "Michael S. Hanson" <>
Subject   Re: st: the meaning of 'foo'
Date   Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:57:41 -0400

On Aug 24, 2006, at 12:46 PM, b. water wrote:

without wanting to sound irreverent, i wonder whether someone could tell me the meaning or full expression of the abbreviation 'foo' so often used to illustrate Stata advice/help. i have always wanted to know this but now, my curiosity got the better of me. i simply have to ask.
Google is your friend (tm):

apologies if it has nothing to do with either statistics or Stata.
	It doesn't.  ;)

                                        -- Mike