Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: import SPSS files

From   P chrisman <>
Subject   Re: st: import SPSS files
Date   Tue, 04 Jul 2006 20:59:32 -0700

Thanks so much to everyone for all the help. I really appreciate it!!

Robert A Yaffee wrote:

The R program is several versions behind on the ability
to read or import SPSS programs. If you had SPSS, you could copy and paste from the SPSS data editor to the
Stata data editor. Alternatively, you save your data
as a Stata 8 file from SPSS.
If the file is in an SPSS.sav file, ask the person
who sent it to you to provide it in an exported print or Stata file. If the person does not have a recent version
of SPSS which can do this, have the person export an
Excel file for you (if you have Excel).
You can save that as a .raw file and insheet it into
Robert Yaffee

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
Research Professor
Shirley M. Ehrenkranz