Re: st: import SPSS files

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: import SPSS files
Date   Tue, 04 Jul 2006 22:53:22 -0400

Peggy,
 The R program is several versions behind on the ability
to read or import SPSS programs.  If you had SPSS, you
could copy and paste from the SPSS data editor to the
Stata data editor. Alternatively, you save your data
as a Stata 8 file from SPSS.
  If the file is in an SPSS.sav file, ask the person
who sent it to you to provide it in an exported print or
Stata file. If the person does not have a recent version
of SPSS which can do this, have the person export an
Excel file for you (if you have Excel).
   You can save that as a .raw file and insheet it into
Stata.
  Regards,
    Robert Yaffee

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.