Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: RE: Re: -ineqdeco- and saving subgroup results

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Re: -ineqdeco- and saving subgroup results
Date   Wed, 24 May 2006 07:24:41 -0500

At 02:36 AM 5/24/2006, you wrote:
Dear All,

I am new to STATA and I was wondering what STATA 8 commands are for ordered
and multinomial logit/probit on panel data as well as for post-estimation -
predicted probabilities, marginal effects.
Thank you.

Kind regards,

Jana Grittersova
Ordinal commands
official Stata: ologit, oprobit, slogit (Stata 9 required)
user written: gologit2, goprobit, oglm (the latter is good if you want to model heteroskedasticity or use links besides logit and probit; but it requires Stata 9). The goxxx commands allow you to selectively relax the parallel lines assumption.

Multinomial: mlogit, mprobit (Stata 9)

The predict command with option p will usually compute predicted probabilities.

For marginal effects, there is Stata's -mfx- command. User-written routines, that are useful when there are more than 2 outcomes, include -mfx2- and -margeff-.

There are assorted other commands out there for other ordinal models. -findit ordinal- might show them but for some reason I can't access Stata's site right now so I am not sure what all shows up.

Also highly recommended: the -spost- routines of Long & Freese. Also see their book, available from Stata Press. I'd give a link but I can't get to Stata's site right now.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu