Re: st: Re: -ineqdeco- and saving subgroup results

From   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: -ineqdeco- and saving subgroup results
Date   Wed, 24 May 2006 10:08:11 -0400

Stephen,

thanks for your answer but it is not what I need. I do not need to save the
results for inequality indicators by subgroups (which is what I also had found
in the archive of the statalist, the same ones you point to in your message) but
the actual decomposition results (i.e. the values for the 'between' and 'within'
parts), which are not retrievable as $_result in the standard version of
ineqdeco. Rafael de Hoyos re-programmed your original do file and send me a
version which does what I want. I suggested him to post it on the statalist.

Cheers, M
Maurizio Bussolo
Economic Policy and Prospects Group
The World Bank, 1818 H Street, NW, Washington, DC  20433
Tel: 202-458 2619 Fax: 202-522 2578
[email protected]
http://www.worldbank.org/prospects

             "Stephen P.
             Jenkins"
             <stephenj@essex                                                 To
             .ac.uk>                 [email protected]
             Sent by:                                                        cc
             owner-statalist
             @hsphsun2.harva                                            Subject
             rd.edu                  st: Re: -ineqdeco- and saving subgroup
                                     results

             05/24/2006
             03:28 AM

             Please respond
             statalist@hsphs
             un2.harvard.edu

> >From: [email protected]
> >To: [email protected]
> >Subject: st: question on ineqdeco
> >Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 13:48:15 -0400
> >
> >Dear All,
> >
> >we are using ineqdeco program and were wondering how we could store the
> >results
> >of the sub-group decomposition as global (or matrix) variables so that
> >these
> >results can be used later. Thanks and best regards, M

> >Maurizio Bussolo

It is straightforward to save the subgroup results into variables (and thence
into a matrix if you wish), using a combination of -levelsof- (-levels- in
older versions of Stata) and a -foreach- loop.   The issue has been discussed a
number of times on Statalist already. A quick search in the Archives held at
StataCorp yields the following:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-01/msg00185.html
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-03/msg00070.html

Stephen
(author of -ineqdeco-)
--
Professor Stephen P. Jenkins <[email protected]>
Institute for Social and Economic Research (ISER)