st: RE: Re: -ineqdeco- and saving subgroup results

From   "Jana Grittersova" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: -ineqdeco- and saving subgroup results
Date   Wed, 24 May 2006 00:36:37 -0700

Dear All,

I am new to STATA and I was wondering what STATA 8 commands are for ordered
and multinomial logit/probit on panel data as well as for post-estimation -
predicted probabilities, marginal effects.
Thank you.

Kind regards,

Jana Grittersova

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Stephen P.
Jenkins
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 12:28 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Re: -ineqdeco- and saving subgroup results

> >From: [email protected]
> >To: [email protected]
> >Subject: st: question on ineqdeco
> >Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 13:48:15 -0400
> >
> >Dear All,
> >
> >we are using ineqdeco program and were wondering how we could store
> >the results of the sub-group decomposition as global (or matrix)
> >variables so that these results can be used later. Thanks and best
> >regards, M

> >Maurizio Bussolo

It is straightforward to save the subgroup results into variables (and
thence into a matrix if you wish), using a combination of -levelsof-
(-levels- in
older versions of Stata) and a -foreach- loop.   The issue has been
discussed a
number of times on Statalist already. A quick search in the Archives held at
StataCorp yields the following:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-01/msg00185.html
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-03/msg00070.html

Stephen
(author of -ineqdeco-)
--
Professor Stephen P. Jenkins <[email protected]> Institute for Social and
Economic Research (ISER) University of Essex, Colchester, CO4 3SQ, UK