Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Balancing survey data in Survey package

Subject   st: Balancing survey data in Survey package
Date   Fri, 28 Apr 2006 00:05:45 +0000

Thursday April 27, 2006

Good morning,

I'm a new user looking for help with the Survey package.  I want to balance (also called raking) an Internet survey to make sample proportions (say for key demographics) agree with Census data.  This is a very common practice that originated with Deming under the title iterative proportional fitting.  I don't see anything that will do this, although I really did expect this very common procedure to be there.  Any suggestions?

Walt Paczkowski

Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D.
Data Analytics Corp.
44 Hamilton Lane