Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: xtreg fe and matrix inversion error

From   "Scott Imberman" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: xtreg fe and matrix inversion error
Date   Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:03:35 -0400

Dear All,

  I am running some xtreg, fe estimates of the following form

   xi: xtreg depvar indepvars i.A*i.B, fe robust cluster(clustervar)

I keep on getting the following error

   matrix not positive definite

However, the error does not arrise if I do not use the robust command.
I would greatly appreciate if someone may be able to guide me to what
i'm doing wrong.  Thank you.

Scott Andrew Imberman
Ph.D. Candidate in Economics
University of Maryland