Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Using suest with probit estimation

From   "Amber Katz" <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: Using suest with probit estimation
Date   Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:12:43 -0400

Thanks to help from Nick and others, I now have my data in the correct
form.  I have multiple binary dependent variables for each individual,
and my understanding is thta the best way to estimate this is a SUR

My data includes the following for each individiual
ID ProductAPurchase(1 or 0) [same independent variables]
ID ProductBPurchase(1 or 0) [same independent variables]
ID ProductFPurchase(1 or 0) [same independent variables]

So I have 6 observations per person.

I understand that the suest command is a postestimation command, but
don't quite understand how to use it.  What is the sequence of
commands I should use?