Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Tabout and frequency tables (second try)

From   Taavi Lai <>
Subject   Re: st: Tabout and frequency tables (second try)
Date   Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:21:27 +0300

Nick Cox's recent -tabexport- (see list and online help on ssc) allows you to export statistics in a wide format (with noreshape option), but I'm afraid that percentage is not included in the stats.

Best regards,

Herve STOLOWY wrote:

Dear Statalisters:

I sent this e-mail this afternoon but never received it myself. I fear that something wrong happened when I sent it. So, I try again. Sorry if you received it.

I use the -tabout- command (downloadable from ssc) to get two frequency tables (with count and percentage):
tabulate var1 tabout var1, cells(fcount fper), using filename1, replace

tabulate var2 tabout var2, cells(fcount fper), using filename1, append

With -tabout-, the second table appears below the first one.

I have then two questions:

- Is there a possibility with -tabout- to get the two tables side by side?
- If not, is there another command which could get the desired result (two tables side by side, exported to a tab-delimited file)?

Best regards

Hervé Stolowy

Coordinateur du Département/Head of Department
HEC Paris
Département Comptabilité Contrôle de gestion / Dept of Accounting and Management Control
1, rue de la Liberation
78351 - Jouy-en-Josas
Tel: +33 1 39 67 94 42 - Fax: +33 1 39 67 70 86

* For searches and help try: