Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Tabout and frequency tables (second try)

From   "Herve STOLOWY" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Tabout and frequency tables (second try)
Date   Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:53:40 +0200

Dear Statalisters:

I sent this e-mail this afternoon but never received it myself. I fear that something wrong happened when I sent it. So, I try again. Sorry if you received it.

I use the -tabout- command (downloadable from ssc) to get two frequency tables (with count and percentage):

tabulate var1
tabout var1, cells(fcount fper), using filename1, replace

tabulate var2
tabout var2, cells(fcount fper), using filename1, append

With -tabout-, the second table appears below the first one.

I have then two questions:

- Is there a possibility with -tabout- to get  the two tables side by side?
- If not, is there another command which could get the desired result (two tables side by side, exported to a tab-delimited file)?

Best regards

Hervé Stolowy

Coordinateur du Département/Head of Department
HEC Paris
Département Comptabilité Contrôle de gestion / Dept of Accounting and Management Control
1, rue de la Liberation
78351 - Jouy-en-Josas
Tel: +33 1 39 67 94 42 - Fax: +33 1 39 67 70 86