st: No attachments please

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: No attachments please
Date   Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:37:27 +0100

Just a reminder: the FAQ is totally explicit
that you should not send attachments to Statalist:

"Please do not include attachments. Many members
have mailers that cannot handle them. In any case,
attachments can spread viruses and clog up mailers
with unwanted large files."

In addition, those who receive Statalist digest
(a majority of our 2000-plus members) just see
attachments as unintelligible junk, or so I
understand.