Re: st: Calculating the e^b using listcoef

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Calculating the e^b using listcoef
Date   Thu, 01 Sep 2005 16:35:01 -0500

At 03:35 PM 9/1/2005, Mosi A. Ifatunji wrote:

I am wondering how the exp(b) or e^b is calculated when using the listcoef
command, after the logit command. I am asking because my "by hand"
calculations are not matching the ones provided by Stata 8.
Works for me. -logit-, with the -or- option, produces odds ratios that are identical to the e^b produced by listcoef. Perhaps you could give an example of what you mean? -listcoef- can also give you lots of other stuff, e.g. it will standardize the x's and give you e^bStdX - is that what you are looking at perhaps?

If in doubt about what the columns of -listcoef- are telling you, add the -help- option, e.g.

listcoef, help

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227